Friday, February 13, 2009

Frugal meals

I had been thinking of starting a website about being frugal. Yeah, I know - there are thousands of 'em out there. My niche would be that it would be specifically aimed at this area: Webster County and surrounding counties.

I would list some of the specials at Hy-Vee and Fareway. I would promote Freecycle groups in the area. I considered letting people list their garage sales, but I have a conflict - I work at The Messenger and can't risk cutting into ad revenue.

I still could do this to an extent. I haven't figured it out yet. In the meantime, though, I'll list a couple of sites I would link to in the event I ever get around to doing this.

$5 dinners
A Year of Crockpotting
Frugal Freebies and Deals
Menus for Moms
Hillbilly Housewife (She has bread machine recipes. But I gave Mom her bread machine back ... )
Pioneer Woman
Living on a dime

This is just a random selection of things I have bookmarked. Maybe I'll get around to doing my personal site and have a page or two on this subject on there instead of a full, separate site. I'm conflicted about that, too. I started a site using WordPress, then took WP off because I wanted more control. I can't remember now what it was that made me do that. So, I think I'll put WP back on my site and learn how to make my own themes for WP. My site is sad and bare now. And I had a birthday since then ...

Now it's time to go. I want to try to get a nap today before work. Which means missing school, but work has to come first. I have to work Sunday, too, so I can have next Saturday off for a meeting in Ames. I didn't know the hours for the meeting when I asked for the day off, but that's okay. It gave the person who's working for me on Saturday a chance to have a three-day weekend, and she's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment