Friday, February 27, 2009

A seed of an idea

I always stress out over lessons I have to teach. It's easier in Relief Society, because I only teach once a month instead of every week as I did in Primary. But it's also harder, because I know I'm teaching people who are more knowledgeable than I am.

So there's a mixed blessing.

My next lesson (unless I'm off-track - please let me know if this is the case) is Lesson 27: Beware the bitter fruits of apotasy. I have read through the lesson, thought about it a bit and even watched a demonstration of a possible teaching technique at the Relief Society meeting in Ames last Saturday.

But when I woke up this morning from my skipped-school-to-sleep nap, I had a brilliant(?) idea. It involves seeds. That's all I'm going to say, but my mind is now racing along a track, thinking of the best way to present this lesson with my idea.

I'll read the lesson again (more than once!) and write down my idea in the manual. I also wrote down in the back cover some of the things said when I was set apart and I look at them from time to time to remind myself of the promises. Reading them is comforting when I feel inadequate as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment