Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More fun with food

Cake Wrecks!

(Another site you may want to avoid while eating, drinking or needing to go to the bathroom.)

I love this site. I visit it every so often, and go back to check what I've missed since the last visit. Just looking at the pictures often gets me laughing so hard I cry. Reading the commentary out loud with Cayla, we both start laughing.

The basic idea of Cake Wrecks is these are professional cakes - somebody paid money for these works of art. In some cases, there was an inspiration piece and we get to see what the customer wanted and what they actually got. (Inspiration vs. perspiration) Some are just sad. Some are sick (watch out for the anatomy cakes! You've been warned).

In some cases it's a misspelling or misunderstanding between the order sheet and what went on the cake. (See the cake that started it all.)

So I've spent the last little while getting caught up and laughing (mostly to myself but out loud) and it's time to move on. There are some cakes that are NSFW (not safe for work) or inappropriate for various reasons (anatomy cakes, the first censored cake wreck [I would lose friends that thought a naked woman giving birth is a good idea for a baby shower cake]) or just plain creepy (creepy baby cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment