Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Scripture reading charts

I like the bookmarks with little squares to mark off as you finish each chapter. These are printable, and I've made them in the past and made bookmarks from them.

http://lds.about.com/od/ldsscriptures/a/scripturecharts.htm

These are specific - in the D&C, each section is listed by number. In the other scriptures, the book and chapters are listed. If you read out of order, you can still keep track.

Making bookmarks: I use cardstock, usually colored. I layer patterned paper next, then the reading chart. I may punch a hole in the top and put a ribbon through for decoration. I haven't laminated these for two reasons: I don't have the right size of laminating plastic and you would need a permanent marker to mark your scriptures if it's laminated. (I have a heat laminator - using clear contact paper would probably work just fine.)

I haven't done these this year yet, but maybe I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment