Monday, January 12, 2009

Templates and irony

BJ requested an aviation theme - I found this one, we'll see if it's OK.

Here's the irony: The R.S. lesson (and Priesthood) was Lesson 23 “How Good and How Pleasant It Is … to Dwell Together in Unity."

I taught the lesson in R.S. We talked about working together, how the Saints in Kirtland all worked toward building the temple - the men built the temple and guarded it at night, the women made clothing for the temple workers and carpets and curtains for the temple. Everyone participated and there was enthusiasm for doing the Lord's work.

Then when Cayla and I got home, I asked her to make me a quesadilla. She complied. A little while later, after she had eaten, I asked her to make me another. (I was getting this blog started.) She sighed, grunted, asked "why" and finally said, "I'll do it, but only one more."

I got up from the computer, told Donna to close out and log off my side. I made my own quesadilla and was crabby about it. I wished I had the spirit of cooperation and unity in my own house. That's the irony - I teach a lesson on unity but don't have it in my own house.

And Cayla hasn't always been like this - she used to be way more helpful. Apparently it's a combination of a) her helpful bone is worn out and b) she's an official teenager now. This attitude change came about in the last few months and her teenagerhood began in December. So, there you have it. I have two teenage daughters, with all the fun and worry that that can be. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment